Effective March 18, 2020
Pioneer Valley Veterinary Hospital is implementing the following changes due to the recent COVID -19 outbreak. The health of our staff is key for us to provide medical care for your pets during this difficult time.
· To reduce exposure to our staff, the office will remain open, but will not allow clients to enter the building.
· We are closing Day Camp immediately, with a tentative date of April 1, 2020 to reopen.
· We will still offer boarding for those who have the need to board their animals overnight.
· We will become “curbside”, meaning no clients will be allowed to enter the building:
- If you do not have a cell phone, please come and knock on the front door and we will come out to assist you.
- If you come for an appointment, please bring your charged cell phone with you and call us when you arrive. One of our technicians will speak with you over the phone about your concerns, and will come outside and take your pet in to be examined by the Doctor, we may continue to communicate with you via your cell phone while your pet is in the building.
- We will process credit card payments over the phone, which is preferred, but will continue to accept cash as needed.
- If you are dropping off for boarding, please call us when you arrive and we will come out to you.
- If you need to pick up food or medications, please call ahead so we can have everything ready and also process your payment over the phone. We recommend utilizing our online pharmacy whenever possible.
- Call us when you arrive and we will bring your items out to you.
Please be patient with us during these unsettled times. We are striving to remain open so we can continue to treat the medical needs of our patients. As always, call us with any questions, that is what we are here for!